Project Create has a long history of working with our own staff and teaching artists, as well as staff from organizations all over the city, through creative, engaging professional development opportunities. Project Create provides staff training that can: facilitate bonding and team-building; improve skills and increase knowledge; and offer fun activities in a creative, therapeutic environment.
Art Workshops: bring your entire staff for an afternoon at the Project Create Arts Center (or we can come to you!) to create art together in a fun, engaging environment. Professional teaching artists will lead your group through one of a wide variety of arts workshops, including visual arts, collage, music production, DJing, photography, dance, theater, and more. Watch what art can do to facilitate staff bonding and team-building!
Training in Cultivating a Trauma-Informed, Compassionate Arts Classroom: Project Create Art Therapists will lead your staff through unique, comprehensive training in one or all of three 80-minute sessions: Cultivating Empathy; Integrating a Healing-Centered Approach; and/or Cultivating a Therapeutic Environment. Each session is hands-on and interactive, with lots of artmaking and tactile learning throughout.
Project Create’s Training/Learning Goals are to:
- Share information regarding trauma-informed teaching and learning in working with children and youth;
- Discover new ways to connect therapeutically with students in the arts classroom;
- Articulate best practices of arts teaching through a lens of empathy, relationships, and a responsive classroom environment;
- Empower educators in the development and refinement of tools to implement compassionate classroom techniques and strategies with a trauma-informed/healing-centered lens; and
- Offer participants time to connect, collaborate, and plan with other educators.